Free Duplicate File Finder
Fast Duplicate File Finder 184.108.40.206 Adds Extra Flexibility By Utilizing Accessed, Modified And Created Dates
Fast Duplicate File Finder is recognized as the fastest and the most reliable and feature-rich duplicate finder on the market. Common duplicate finders compare MD5, CRC, size, dates, names and other unreliable properties in order to find duplicates which may lead to loss of data. Fast Duplicate File Finder (FDFF) performs real byte-to-byte comparison and guarantees that the identified files are 100% duplicates.
Download: Duplicate File Finder
The key improvements in this release extracted directly from the Duplicate File Finder’s What’s new page:
- Extended date options in Auto Check, Filter, Quick Check and Exclude from Auto Check, so that created, modified or last accessed file date can now be used.
- Added separate columns Created, Modified and Accessed to show each individual file date.
- Created, Modified and Accessed file dates are saved to the exported projects.
- Fixed – similarity slider can be now increased to 100% using the mouse.
- Fixed order of duplicate groups – preserved on load/save
- Fixed loading projects where decimal separator is different from the current locale decimal separator.
- Fixed moving files from UNC paths like \\Server\Path\
Not all improvements are listed above, but these are just a few of the new features and fixes in this release.
Free Duplicate File Finder
The Key New Features Of The Duplicate File Finder Tool
Filtering Duplicate Files by Accessed, Created And Modified Dates
The Created, Accessed and Modified dates are a property of every file and folder. The tool utilized only the Modified date in the past, but sometimes using the Created and Accessed dates may be necessary. Fulfilling the wish of our users we have added all the three dates in the application. The Modified, Accessed and Created dates are now listed in the results table. Of course if one does not need all those dates, they can be easily hidden in the application settings in order not to clutter the display.
The corresponding changes are applied everywhere in the application and those include the Filter Dialog, Auto Check, Quick Check and Advanced Auto Check options.
The newly added date fields are also included in the export features.
This release fixes also some bugs and provides improvements. An issue that prevented the move operation on network shares in certain cases is now fixed. An improvement in the project save/load functionality preserves the groups order. A fix for the similarity slider makes it possible to set 100% using the mouse buttons or wheel – this was possible only by typing the number manually in the past releases.
Do you have suggestions? Do you miss a feature? Let us know in the comments below. We will be glad to hear from you!