Duplicate MP3 Finder
The new 22.214.171.124 major release of Audio Dedupe is packed with plenty of new features.
Two new file formats are now added to the supported file formats:
APE – Monkey’s Audio
Monkey’s Audio is a file format for audio data compression. Being a lossless format, Monkey’s Audio does not discard data during the process of encoding, unlike lossy compression methods such as AAC, MP3, Vorbis and Musepack.
Data file compression is employed in order to reduce bandwidth, file transfer time, and/or storage requirements. A digital recording (such as a CD) encoded to the Monkey’s Audio format can be decompressed into an identical copy of the original audio data. As with the FLAC and Apple Lossless format, files encoded to Monkey’s Audio are typically reduced to about half of the original size, with data transfer rates and bandwidth requirements being reduced accordingly.
TTA – True Audio
True Audio (abbreviated TTA) is a free, real-time lossless audio codec, based on adaptive prognostic filters. Also, .tta is the generic extension to filenames of audio files created by True Audio codec.
TTA performs lossless compression on multichannel 8, 16 and 24 bit data of uncompressed wav input files. The compression ratio of TTA depends on the type of music file being compressed, but after compression the size of output file will generally range between 30% – 70% of the original. TTA format supports both of ID3 v1 and ID3 v2 information tags. APEv2 tags support has been added recently.
Audio Dedupe – What’s New?
- Added Monkey’s Audio APE files support.
- Added True Audio TTA files support.
- Added filter files and folders functionality, so you can exclude files or folders from scanning.
- Added Pause/Resume functionality.
- Added new options tab to select which columns you want to be shown in the results grid.
- Added new option to set the cache folder location.
- Added new option “Remove from list groups containing single file after delete/move”.
- Added new option “Files are not duplicates if their play time differ more than xxx sec.”.
- Added volume slider in the preview window.
- Fixed some bugs when moving files.
- Other small bug fixes and GUI improvements.