Duplicate Image Finder
Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder 18.104.22.168 is released packed with new features and improvements. The new HDPhoto file format (also known as JPEG XR and Windows Media Photo ) is now supported. A better browse for folder dialog lets you choose several folders simultaneously. There is a new option that can be enabled and will remove the groups that contain only one file after manual delete/move operation from the list. The user checked files can now be displayed using bold formatted font style. A new tab in the options determines which columns should be visible in the results grid. A warning message is now displayed if you try to uncheck all images in a selection where you had manually checked items. Please check the “What’s New” section below for a complete list of the new features and fixes.
Below is a description of the HDPhoto file format:
HD Photo is a new file format for continuous-tone still images that surpasses the limitations of existing image formats. HD Photo supports a wide range of features including:
• Multiple color formats for display or print
• Fixed or floating point high dynamic range image encoding
• Lossless or high quality lossy compression
• Extremely efficient decoding for multiple resolutions and sub-regions
• Minimal overhead for format conversion or transformations during decode
HD Photo is the new name for Windows Media Photo. Both names refer to the exact same file format. The Windows Media Photo name is still used to describe the implementation of HD Photo in Microsoft Windows products.
HD Photo is used in XML Paper Specification (XPS) to deliver a lightweight, high performance algorithm with a small memory footprint that enables practical, in-device encoding and decoding. It delivers compression quality comparable with JPEG-2000 and more than twice the quality of JPEG.
Most technologies in the JPEG XR Standard are based on the HD Photo file format. The JPEG XR Standard is also known as the ISO/IEC Standard 29199-2 and as the ITU-T Recommendation T.832.
- Added HDPhoto files support (*.hdp; *.wdp; *.jxr) (Only in Pro and Corporate version)
- You can now add multiple folders at once using the enhanced Browse for Folder dialog.
- Added new option “Remove from list groups containing single file after delete/move”.
- Added new option “Show user checked files in bold font”.
- Added new options tab to select which columns you want to be shown in the results grid.
- Added warnings when unchecking a selection of images and there are user checked images.
- Fixed Disable Folder Self-scan in Hash/Filesize/EXIF modes.
- Fixed some bugs when moving files.
- Other small bug fixes and GUI improvements.